East Bethel, May Township, Ham Lake, Hugo, Forest Lake, Columbus, Lino Lakes, Linwood, Scandia, Marine, Stacy and Wyoming
FLAHS Sportsmanship Code
Sportsmanship is about respect – respect for players, coaches, officials and other spectators. You can encourage and support fair play through your behavior. Respect means:
- No profanity, abusive language or negative personal remarks.
- Let officials do their job. Constant criticism is often unnecessary and detracts from the game.
- Let the coaches do their job. They need and appreciate your support more than your criticism.
- Obey the rules of the game: No smoking, no alcoholic beverages, and no drugs.
- Stay within your designated area for fans. Coming on the field or court is disruptive to the game and disrespectful to the participants.
- Physical confrontations or throwing objects onto the court or field is absolutely forbidden. These kinds of actions cause unsafe conditions and are most likely against the law.
- Treat the game for what it is... A game.
- If you are remembered as a role model, let it be as a positive role model.
- Protect the “rights” of young athletes including the right to a safe environment, right to be treated with dignity, and the right to have fun through sport.